Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

So here it is another new year...  I'm always excited about new beginnings.  I'm really excited about this one because we had such a crazy year last year.  Danny was gone most of the year with his job.  This was not something we ever planned or expected.  We always thought his job would be to 'go to work and then come home'.  We survived.  He survived, the kids survived and I survived.  Well, this year I don't want to just survive the year, I want to live the year.  I've become somewhat of a hermit this past year. Staying home, taking care of the kids.  While I would like to keep my kids in a bubble, I don't necessarily like what it's done to me.  I'm a little cranky.  My husband would probably agree.  So this year, I'm not really making any resolutions, but I am going to commit to getting out more. 
  Jordan is excited about turning 8, AJ is excited about starting kindergarten and Maggie, well, sometimes I think she'd like to be a hermit too! We're gonna get her out of that.  I think it's going to be a great year!  Full of friends, new & old.  I'm also excited about this new blog I'm doing.  I always think about when I was a kid and what really went through my mother's head.  Now my kids will know what went through mine! Maybe things will be clearer when they read these pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment